JL Audio FIX-86 OEM Integration DSP with Automatic Time Correction and Digital EQ (4+2 Channel Output)
FiX-86 OEM Integration DSP with Automatic Time Correction and Digital EQ
The FiX™ 86 is a state-of-the-art digital signal processor engineered to deliver world-class sound from factory audio systems, without replacing the OEM source unit.
With a powerful 24-bit DSP processor and dual 1/3 octave equalizers onboard, complex 2-way, 3-way and 4-way factory audio outputs are combined and level-matched automatically into a flat, full-range stereo signal. Differential-balanced inputs accept virtually any OEM analog audio signal, from low-voltage, line-level to high-power, amplified speaker-level outputs (up to 30V RMS).
Calibration is initiated with just a single button press and takes only about 30 seconds to complete, with no special equipment needed!
By connecting a PC running TüN™ 2.0 software via USB, you can also access a complete suite of diagnostic panels that show the frequency response of input signals, as well as the corrected outputs. Adjustments can be made to input polarity, muting, and filtering, and new calibrations can be initiated from the PC as well. By clicking on the “TUNE” tab of the TüN™ 2.0 interface, you can also access a pair of user-adjustable, 10-band, graphic equalizers to fine tune the output signals.
Activation methods include 12-volt or automatic (Signal/DC-Offset Sensing), plus a dedicated remote turn-on output for activating your aftermarket equipment.
Connect the optional DRC-100 Digital Remote Controller (sold separately) to add Master Volume Control capabilities from the driver’s seat. Clipped input signals and overall condition are also reported via the DRC-100's multi-color status LED.
Achieving great sound from your factory stereo has never been easier, or sounded better.
- Power Supply Type Regulated DC-DC SMPS
- Input Operating Voltage 10 - 16 VDC
- Standby Current Draw <1.5 mA
- Operating Current Draw 0.7 A
- Recommended Fuse Value 1 A
- Input Channels Eight
- Input Type Differential-Balanced
- Input Voltage Range 250 mV - 30 V RMS
- Minimum Input Voltage 10 mV RMS
- Input Level Setting Fully automatic
- Output Channels Six (Front/Rear/Sub Output Pairs)
- Analog Output Unbalanced, stereo RCA jacks
- Digital Output N/A
- Output Impedance 450 Ω
- S/N Ratio 96 dB (A-Weighted, referred to 4V RMS Output)
- THD+N @ Rated Output 0.02% (20 Hz - 20 kHz)
- Audio Resolution 24 bit / 48 kHz
- Number of EQ Bands 30 x 2 channels
- EQ Resolution 1/3 octave (25 Hz - 20 kHz)
- Remote Level Control Optional (DRC-100 or DRC-200)
- Remote Level Functions Master Volume Control, Handsfree Optimization, LED Status Reporting (DRC-200 adds Subwoofer Level Control)
- Height (H) 1.85 in / 47 mm
- Width (W) 4.29 in / 109 mm
- Depth (D) 6.14 in / 156 mm
- Net Weight 2.58 lb / 1.17 kg